Thursday, January 31, 2008

WMWifiRouter

WMWifiRouter

What is this to do with EGDB? You will ask. To be able to access my EGDB website through iPhone, I used an O2 Windows Mobile phone as interface to the 3G mobile network. The way I introduced in previous blog will work well, but it suffered from one drawback. The connect will drop out every 5 to 10 minutes. It is quite annoying if you want to use it for a long time. I came across WMWifiRouter the other day, and found it to be a excellent program for this purpose. It keep the connect on and you can even turn off the screen. My O2 can last for about 1 hour continuous use. I once even used it inside a car running on the highway without problem and disconnection. You can try it out. Here is another review which give high mark to the program. The main page may be down sometimes. You may have to try often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,pai,我是meifire
:)

Pai said...

Hi meifire,

Welcome to the blog. Thanks for explaining EGDB on various forum. I set up this forum to have more current information regarding EGDB. It's much easier to upload information here.

Pai

Anonymous said...

国内要访问这个网站还是不容易,我通过proxy才来的.
我自己在新浪开了个blog,不过最近很少更新

http://blog.sina.com.cn/huanmengbingxiang2000